After a long night of shenanigans and a hectic Sunday morning, the last thing I wanted to do in the evening is spend it making dinner. So what's a fella s'posed to do? Order Pizza? Go out to eat? Or... Make Spaghetto! That's right I said Spaghetto (Ghetto Spaghetti. Get it? :p) Now this dish may sound "ghetto", but believe me it tastes far from it.
Here's what I used and how I made this awesome meal.
I started out with a package of Maruchan Ramen Noodle Soup. Use any brand/flavor you want just make sure that it comes in a bag and has the seasoning separate as we won't be using it. Prepare the noodles according to the package. Now if you are like me and you don't have a stove, no worries! Just stick them in a microwave safe bowl cover with water and nuke the hell out of it. 2 to 3 minutes should do it. You could also make them in a coffee maker, or if your room-mate is as awesome as mine is and has an electric kettle use that! You should end up with cooked plain noodles. Set those aside for a moment. They aren't going anywhere I promise.
Next I prepped some heat and eat meatballs. I used FarmRich original style meatballs. Again use any kind you like. Just follow the instructions on the package. I made six of these bad boys. Nuke 'em and set aside.
Now for the pièce de résistance, the sauce! This is what will turn your versatile ramen noodles into Spaghetti. I use Bertolli Vineyard Marinara w/ Burgundy wine. This stuff is great. It's the bee's knees. It does have wine in it so if you aren't allowed to have alcohol, steer clear of this one, You could try anything you want. For example try one that highlights garlic and herbs, a meat and mushroom, 4 cheese, or even a nice bolognese. The possibilities for sauces are endless. Whatever floats your boat is perfectly fine in this dish. I used about 1/3 of a cup. Use as much or as little as you want.
Cover your noodles with sauce and warm in the 'wave for about 30 seconds. Top with the meatballs. Boom! Spaghetto made in about 10 minutes. Take a look at how mine turned out.
Living on campus doesn't mean you have to miss out on making great meals like this. All it takes is a little resourcefulness and you will be well on your way to eating 5 star Dorm-ét meals.
Arrivederci!

No comments:
Post a Comment